James's Birth Story

My sweet boy is here! I didn't expect him but I am so glad he found his way to me! His birth was an amazing experience and has shown me once again how strong my body is!

I felt contractions pretty consistently for about two weeks. I knew once active labor started things would go fast but didn't know how long until that would happen! 

On New Years Eve I could really feel the contractions picking up and was really hoping that he would come but I was able to fall asleep that night. I didn't sleep well and I had horrible back pain. The next two nights were the same, every night before I went to bed I thought this could be it but every time I was able to fall asleep.

On Sunday I decided to get a sub for my class at church and we cleaned the house. I laid down around 4pm and took a nap. When I woke up around 4:30pm I was feeling really bad and I thought it might be time but I didn't want to go into the hospital too early. All of a sudden the contractions were so bad I was pacing around the house and I knew this was it. My mom called my sisters and told them to head over. Then I had a big contraction and I knew this baby was going to be here soon! I told my mom "We have to leave now!"


It took me some time to get to the car. We were still waiting for my sisters to get to the house. I remember yelling "WE NEED TO LEAVE!!!" 

We got to the hospital around 6:15. They have to check you before they put you in a room. This part is the worst to me because I get nervous thinking they are going to tell me things aren't very far along but I was dilated to a 7!! I was so relieved! I asked if I could get in the tub when I got to my room but the nurse told me they had to monitor the baby before I could. Lauren said I gave the nurse a very dirty look after she said that. I decided I wanted walk to the room to put being monitored off as long as possible. 






I remember walking down the hall thinking "Oh crap I can't do this! I think I might die!" I paused in the hallway during a contraction and all of a sudden I had an urge to push but I decided not to.








I finally made it to the room, in my mind it had taken me forever to walk there. I got up on the bed and they put the straps on my belly and someone asked if I wanted my doctor to come break my waters at first I wasn't sure but I ended up saying yes.  











A few minutes later I said I needed to push. The nurse checked me and said she wanted me to wait until the doctor got there, but I knew there was no way I could do that so I kept saying "I need to push!" She said "Wait he should be here any minute!" The charge nurse came in and told my nurse "You are going to have to deliver a baby today!" So I started pushing.  





My water broke and three pushes later he was here. My doctor walked in the room right after he was born. My sweet boy was born at 7:19 pm completely healthy, weighing 8 lbs 1 oz. Things went so fast I still can't believe it! I am happy my sweet Emily was there the whole time. I remember looking over at her and being so comforted that she was there. 























I am so blessed and lucky to be this little guy's mom! I am excited I get to watch him grow and to be the one to help him along his way! 
Thank you to my sister in law for the amazing birth pictures! Also thank you to my family for all their love and support! 

Comments

Popular Posts